Thursday 3 March 2011

About my contents page


My Contents Page

I used a magazine to help me with my own contents page. I have a big picture at the top of my contents page. The picture is of a girl sitting on a step on the street, she looks really chic and fashionable. This picture sends out a message that ‘if you buy the clothes we advertise you can look good even sitting on the street’. This reassures people they will look good with the clothes in this magazine. The shoes the woman is wearing are the piece of clothing my magazine are advertising but its better to have someone with the whole outfit so they know what sort of clothes to put with the shoes and then they will be more persuaded to buy the shoes.

The bold writing in the middle saying ‘In Spotlight…’ is the eye-catching writing so you know it’s a contents page. I chose to write ‘In Spotlight…’ instead of contents page because it reminds people of the magazine name and makes it more interesting.

The actual contents of the magazine I have split up into easy sections. I have Fashion & Beauty as one, Celebrity as another and Real Life and Every Week as two more. However the pages are not in order they are mixed up so the reader doesn’t get bored of reading just Fashion & Beauty, etc. I used blue to background the sections, I used blue because it’s a calm colour it creates a relaxed atmosphere. The things that are on the front cover have cover story next to them so if the reader is looking for a exact thing its easy to find it. I have a picture of a celebrity to break the writing up. I used pink for the page numbers because it complements the blue and the pink gives off a sense of love without being as harsh as red. I used black as the stories because it’s a statement colour and is always in fashion; also the blue and pink take the harshness of the black down to make it come together as a good calm relaxing environment.

I have thought about the little details that the other magazine had. It had a subscription at the bottom I added that in to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment